Parents please teach your children these few simple rules about bus and walking safety:
1. Students must sit with heads above seats at all times. (No slouching or lying down)
2. Stay in your seat. (No standing or turning around)
3. Keep aisles clear of backpacks, legs, feet, etc.
4. Keep head, hands and feet inside of the bus.
5. Be courteous; no annoying or picking on other students.
6. Do not smoke, eat or drink on the bus.
7. Keep the bus clean; do not be destructive.
8. Talk in a quiet manner with other bus students. Do not distract the driver.
9. Cooperate with the driver.
10. Bus driver is authorized to assign seats.
11. Allow extra time to walk to the bus stop.
12. Wail until the bus comes to a complete stop before exiting.
13. Never retrieve anything that falls under the bus.
14. Wait for driver’s signal before crossing in front of the bus. Be sure to look left-right-left to make sure that all cars have stopped.
1. Use sidewalks wherever possible when walking to the bus stop or school.
2. Always stop at the curb, or any driveway or alley which crosses a sidewalk.
3. Look left-right-left to make sure the road is clear before you cross the street.
4. Walk on the left facing traffic, if you must walk in the road.
5. Always cross at the corner.
6. Cross only on a green light.
7. Watch out for vehicles backing out of driveways and parking spaces.
8. Be safe, be seen. Look the driver in the eye to know that he sees you.
9. Where crossing guards are available, follow their signals and directions.