"OUTSTANDING INTELLECTUAL AND CREATIVE ABILITY, THE DEVELOPMENT OF WHICH REQUIRES SPECIALLY DESIGNED PROGRAMS OR SUPPORT SERVICES, OR BOTH, NOT ORDINARILY PROVIDED IN THE REGULAR EDUCATION PROGRAM"
As a parent, you are uniquely qualified to know your child's learning strengths and weaknesses. School professionals will utilize your knowledge in designing a gifted education program for your child's benefit.
Your child may be eligible for Gifted Education if:
1. Is a year or more above achievement level for the normal age group in one or more subjects
2. Demonstrates an observed or measured rate of acquisition/retention of new academic content or skills that reflect gifted ability
3. Demonstrates achievement, performance, or expertise in one or more academic areas
4. Shows early and measured use of high level thinking skills, academic creativity, leadership skills, intense academic interest areas, communication skills, foreign language aptitude, or technology expertise
5. Has documented, observed, validated, or assessed evidence that intervening factors are masking gifted ability
Last Modified on August 18, 2016
East Lycoming School District 349 Cemetery Street
Hughesville, PA 17737