Tips to Stay Healthy
1) Good hand washing is the number one way to prevent illness!!!
2) Wash hands before preparing food or eating.
3) Wash after using the bathroom.
4) Wash after sneezing, coughing and wiping runny noses.
5) Wash after playing with pets.
6) Wash using warm water and soap. Rub hands – friction helps remove germs.
7) Wash for at least 20 seconds. Sing “Happy Birthday” twice - to know you’ve washed long enough.
8) Wash top and bottoms of hands as well as between fingers and tips of fingers around nails.
9) Pat hands dry. Rubbing makes hands chapped.
10) Turn tap off using paper towel to keep hands clean.
11) When exiting public restrooms using paper towel to open door.
12) Place paper towels in trash can not on floor.
13) Use alcohol based hand sanitizers when soap and water are not available.
B. Coughs & Sneezes
1) Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing or coughing. Put used
tissues in the waste basket not in your pocket. Wash hands after coughing or
2) If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into you upper sleeve.C. Stay HomeWhen you are ill and running a fever DO NOT come to school. You should be fever free for 24 hours (without Tylenol or Ibuprofen) before returning.
D. Do not share…
1) pencils & pens
2) cosmetics & make-up (especially eye make-up)
3) drinks from a common containerE. Be aware...Surfaces and objects that everyone touches, such as desk tops, door handles andfaucets, are covered with germs. Don’t touch them and then touch your nose, mouth,eyes or ears. Treat your hands as dirty and keep them away from your face.F. Get adequate rest,eat healthy foods and drink plenty offluids.
STAY HEALTHY! PREVENT MISSED DAYS FROM SCHOOL!