The East Lycoming School District is located in rural Lycoming County in central Pennsylvania and is home for about 10,500 residents. The district was established in 1957 and currently serves approximately 1800 students, K-12. The district, which encompasses 147.6 square miles, includes seven townships, (Penn, Jordan, Moreland, Mill Creek, Franklin, Wolf and Shrewsbury) and two Boroughs, (Hughesville and Picture Rocks). The communities are rural and feature scenic mountain vistas, farms and a variety of outdoor recreational opportunities for all seasons. With small, friendly neighborhoods and strong family values, the East Lycoming School District offers an ideal environment to educate children.
The district includes three elementary schools, (Ashkar, Ferrell and Renn) and Hughesville Jr/Sr High School.
The school district is characterized by the following:
- Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) scores which annually are well above state averages
- Well trained professional staff
- Small class sizes
- Standard based curriculum
- Extensive Advanced Placement Program
- Staff committed to high achievement for all students
- Extensive remediation opportunities
- State of the art educational technology
- Variety of vocational offerings
- Variety of co-curricular activities, athletic activities and clubs
- Strong community support for the educational system
- Excellent K-12 facilities
- Carl G. Renn Elementary School was National Blue Ribbon winner in 2004
- George A. Ferrell Elementary School was National Blue Ribbon winner in 2008
The school district is centrally located to Bucknell University (Lewisburg), Bloomsburg University (Bloomsburg), Lycoming College (Williamsport) and Pennsylvania College of Technology (Williamsport).
If you would like additional information about our community and schools, please contact:
East Lycoming School District 349 Cemetery Street Hughesville, PA 17737
Phone (570) 584-2131