1. The student must meet with the staff member who teaches that course he is
dropping and receive the staff member’s signature. Signature will verify that the
student/teacher meeting took place.
2. Parents must be contacted and give permission for the course changes. This contact
will be made by the teacher and may be done by phone call, written permission or
3. Students dropping and adding courses of different levels must schedule an
appointment for parents and teacher to meet before a change is finalized.
4. All drop-adds will take place beginning on Day 3 of classes and continue on
Days 4, 5, and 6, with grade levels being assigned specific days to drop-add and
upper classmen given first priority.
5. Any student requests after the first six days of school as noted above, which result
in a course being dropped, will be noted on the student’s report card and permanent
record card as a W (Withdrew) or WF (Withdrew Failing.)